In this week’s series of Tips Tuesday, I am talking about Castor Oil and its benefits 🙂
If we check old age beauty remedies then we will get to know about Castor Oil and how it helps to have great skin and hair. Over time this inexpensive beauty gem has started coming in fancier packaging with some added ingredients so that it can be sold with higher price tags.
Here are some key benefits 🙂
- Castor Oil’s anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties help to fight against acne and dandruff.
- It also heals inflamed skin, relieves chronic itching, reduces pigmentation, fades blemishes and prevents stretch marks.
- If applied on eyelashes with help of Q-tip before sleeping at night, it will help in lengthening eyelashes over time. (Be careful to not to put it in your eyes)
- Works as a great conditioner. Mix 2 teaspoons with an egg white and a teaspoon of glycerin and massage into your wet hair. After a few minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Gives relief from Arthritis pain. Mix castor oil with enough turmeric or cayenne pepper to make a paste and then rub it into your joints.
- It makes hair grow faster. If you have balding areas on your scalp, or you just want thicker hair, you can massage a bit of castor oil into the affected area for about 6 minutes every day to promote natural hair growth. This also works on eyebrows so if you want thicker eyebrows, just massage a few drops into your eyebrows for a couple of minutes every day. [Info from diyncrafts.com]
- It also prevents and repairs split-ends from hair. It also brings shine to hair.
- Castor oil is also used in the treatment of major illnesses like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease and Cerebral Palsy.
There are many more great benefits which we can achieve by introducing castor oil in our routine without spending a fortune.
Hope you enjoyed this post 🙂
Loads of love,