Whether its a city girl or a busy mum, makeup doesn’t have to be complicated to make you look good in minutes. For all you busy women out there, I have got you covered. Here are my top summer faves for busy women.
- Murad City Skin Broad Spectrum SPF50* | £45 : This fragrance-free ultra light mineral SPF 50 sunscreen provides UVA & UVB protection. This also shields skin from Blue light (from Laptops, Mobile phones) which is essential for city men/women or for someone who uses technology all the time. This also protects from Infrared Radiations (from heated car seats, microwaves etc.) and from Pollution (smoke, smog). The best part is that this sunscreen applies smoothly, absorbs quickly into the skin without any ashy residue and doesn’t interfere with makeup. It leaves a luminous, pearlised finish which works well under makeup or worn alone. A soft peach tint helps color correct skin to immediately boost radiance and even tone while Vitamin C helps brighten skin, even tone and correct sun damage.
- Laura Geller Double Take Baked Versatile Powder foundation* | £28 (currently only £16.79 on Beauty Bay) : For a busy woman, getting out of the door in few minutes is essential. I would pick all-in-1 product that’s enough to make me look put together and also keeps me shine-free. Laura Geller Double Take Baked foundation is a medium to full coverage pressed powder foundation that stays all day. This foundation blurs out any imprefections which definitely makes it more fab and all purpose product for a busy woman. It gives a matte finish but if you like your foundations to be slightly dewy, you can spray an illuminating spray or use illuminating primer underneath but this is overall a very good foundation. I also recommend this as a setting powder over your regular foundation to give you a full coverage budge-free base. I’m also using this these days for early morning school runs when I do not have time to do my makeup but still want to look good.
- Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush – Luminous Flush | £32 : If there is one brand that always does blushes perfect is Hourglass! You get the most finely milled powders with beautiful luminous finish on the skin. Ambient lighting blushes provides seamless, soft-focus, multidimensional color. Luminous flush is a champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer. Hourglass blushes are definitely an investment that pays back.
- Laura Geller shine stick Triple benefit lip colour* | £16 : All you need in summer is glossy luscious lip look that look plump and well moisturized. Getting a benefit of lip gloss and lip balm with a good pigment has always been difficult. Laura Geller made it just right with 3-in-1 pout perfecting colour. The pure pigments of a lipstick, the high shine of lip gloss, and the soothing moisture of lip balm make these stand out of the crowd and definitely first choice of a busy woman.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara | £8.99: With Mascaras, I do not feel the need to spend fortune. They expire in 3 months of opening and if drugstore mascaras are as good as expensive ones, what is the point of spending fortune when you can spend your hard earned money on lovely skincare (just my point of view). This mascara lengthens, separates, curls and gives volume – all in one really! Lash Sensational Mascara from Maybelline has been my firm favourite from many years and I always recommend it to everyone.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer | £23: For days when my skin doesn’t look happy, a concealer comes to rescue. My absolute favourite is Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer right now. It is creamy, easily blendable, super pigmented and doesn’t crease under my eyes. Concealer also doubles up as a light base if u mix it with your morning moisturiser or serum. So, definitely invest in a good concealer and you can set it with the Laura Geller Double take powder or your favourite pressed or loose powder.
- New CID Cosmetics i-groom Eyebrow Grooming Pencil and Brush*
| £19.50 : Brows frame a face and well groomed brows definitely makes a statement. This dual ended pencil has product on one side and brush on the other. The pencil is very creamy and has triangular tip for ease of application. It is long wearing so you do not have to worry about wear offs. You can check my review of New CID Products here.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post. What are your top picks?
Until next time..
Products marked with * were sent to me as Gift but my opinions are genuine and unbiased.