Spring has officially started and though it is still cold and freezing outside, longer days and blooms bring me so much joy. This also means it is time to update your perfume wardrobes – think fresh citrus, sexy musks and pretty florals. So I have hand-picked some of the best spring fragrances to make the whole process a bit less overwhelming for you!
- Clean Reserve Avant Garden Galbanum & Rain Eau de Parfum – This is a woody green fragrance that includes top notes of Sichuan pepper and star anise; middle notes of incense and galbanum; and base notes of white moss, clearwood, patchouli, vetiver Haiti and cedarwood. Each Clean Reserve fragrance is created with sustainable ingredients from France. The fragrances are formulated to be vegan, cruelty-free and free of phthalates, preservatives, gluten, and artificial dyes. Each Avant Garden fragrance is comprised of two unlikely notes where together they make a magical, beautiful fragrance that has never before been experienced. With an incredible performance, this fragrance works beautifully in any season throughout the year but I particularly love it in spring & summer.
- Atelier Cologne Clementine California Cologne Absolue – Nobody does Citrus fragrances better than Atelier Cologne! This exotic, sweet smelling summer cologne fills the air with its gorgeous fruity notes. This sunny composition is built around Clementine from California. This cologne absolue opens up with citrus notes of clementine and mandarin followed by green notes of juniper berries. The heart is composed of spicy notes of star anise, sichuan pepper and basil. The dry down is gorgeous with woody notes of sandalwood, vetiver and cypress. This cologne is a compliment-getter and can easily be a blind buy.
- Banana Republic Peony & Peppercorn – This fragrance is like a spring bouquet with a gorgeous bend of peonies and roses with a kick of peppercorn. There is powdery and musky vibe to this fragrance. It smells delicate and elegant. I associate this fragrance with brunch date in Spring. A pretty girl wearing a flow-y floral dress in pastel tones in an open/outdoor French style restaurant. She would be wearing a smile on her face and would smell like delicate peonies. Though the fragrance has plum notes in the heart and cashmere wood in the base along with musk, it really does it’s magic in warmer months. Even though this is a high street fragrance, it smells very high end. If you’re a peony lover, chances are you’d enjoy this fragrance.
- Tom Daxon Magnolia Heights – Pretty, warm and inviting florals is what I get from Magnolia Heights! It’s like Magnolia flowers are warmly inviting spring. This fragrance gives a perception of a magnolia tree in full bloom. Magnolia flower oil’s delicate, green, fruity facets are enhanced by gardenia and jasmine sambac, while ylang ylang and cedarwood recreate its cream-like petals. Magnolia Heights is a fresh, green and very creamy petal fragrance. It has a smooth opening and boasts a strong character (yet not overwhelming). Magnolia flowers are intriguing because they have a lot of that waxy, white floral goodness but they also have a strong citrus profile, boasting a strong lemon character that is refreshing and sharp. As it develops it becomes warmer, creamier and softer. Though this is a springtime fragrance, it can be worn throughout the year. Overall it is a happy fragrance that will uplift the mood and cheer you up. Once you’ve discovered Tom Daxon, you’d like to explore his entire fragrance range.
- Chanel No. 5 L’Eau Eau de Toilette Spray – This is a very light and transparent fragrance with crisp citrus notes in the opening. The heart opens up with a bouquet of rose, jasmine & ylang ylang followed by vibrant cedar and soft, cottony musk in the base. This is a very modern fragrance and can be worn with white tshirt and blue jeans kind of casual looks or for a flirty floral dress kind of fragrance. I imagine walking on Parisian streets in a white floral flow-y dress wearing Chanel No. 5 L’Eau.
- Roja Parfums Elixir Pour Femme – This magical elixir has the mouthwatering qualities of juicy peach, raspberry and sweet vanilla with an addictive quality. The elixir has an Oriental Floral vibe with dominant soft, romantic and delicate rose note. The sophisticated blend of this fragrance is rich and complex. It conveys feminine vibe but is powerful at the same time. The fragrance is rich & soft at the same time. It works in any season and is a compliment-getter. This juicy fragrance is a great choice for spring and summer.
- Gucci Bloom Eau de Parfum – Like its name, Bloom is a thriving garden of flowers. This fragrance has natural tuberose and Jasmine that leave an unexpectedly rich white floral scent on the skin. The perfume is linear with a tuberose which dominates the other notes. Sweet but not sickly, sharp but not annoying, loud but not disturbing. A classic composition made for all those who love white flowers. The fragrance smells contemporary, elegant and is perfect for sophisticated women. This one is a compliment-magnet!
- Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche – This is a sparkling floral fragrance with green vibe to it. This fragrance intertwines the zesty freshness of Citron, the softness of Jasmine and the vibrant presence of Teak Wood. It is very uplifting and is great for white t-shirt and blue jeans kind of look. It smells very clean and is a happy fragrance.
- Tom Daxon Crushing Bloom – This floral woody musk fragrance is a bouquet of flowers rich in decadent rose and lily of the valley. This is the brand’s first floral fragrance. Tom Daxon describes this as a rose fragrance with darkness and weight but I can see myself pulling this off even in Spring. Green, spicy top notes partner a floral heart of rose, jasmine sambac and iris. At its base, fine musks produce a silky feel, like running petals through your fingers. Though heavy on rose, this is a sparkly, happy fragrance and not that conventional rose. Lily of the valley and musk are prominent. It is classy and very lady-like! If you’re scared of a rose fragrance, this contemporary option is sure to win your heart.
- YSL Libre – This fragrance defines freedom of an independent woman who is ready to conquer the world. Breaking from convention, YSL Libre combines Aromatic French Lavender with luminous solar accords. Vibrant top notes of Tangerine, Neroli and aromatic Lavender exhilarate, revealing a sun-drenched heart of Jasmine and radiant Moroccan Orange Blossom. A creamy base of Madagascan Vanilla and White Musks wraps the composition in effortless sophistication. The striking YSL gold hardware logo makes the bottle look super-stunning!
Special Mention: Molecule M+ Collection – This month Escentric Molecules launched three new fragrances as an extension to its bestselling Molecule 01. These fragrances are a part of M+ collection and have an extra natural ingredient/accord added to synthetic iso E super to create a magical new fragrance. The new fragrance still carries that minimal vibe which Molecule 01 is famous for! The natural ingredients used by perfumer Geza Schoen here are Patchouli, Iris and Mandarin to create Molecule 01 + Patchouli (very modern and sensual), Molecule 01 + Iris (very elegant and classy) and Molecule 01 + Mandarin (bright and uplifting – gives tropical vibes). These all make great options for spring.
Until next time, Ashh xo
*This post features some PR samples. Opinions are my own and unbiased.