Do you know why skincare is such a lucrative category? It is because if you get hooked to a regimen, you will stick to it. That is how our Oral care should be! Some people see it as mundane and oral care reminds them of scary visits to a Dentist. By the way, those visits shouldn’t be scary if one maintains a proper oral care regime.
Taking care of your teeth and gums is not something you have to do but it should be something you want to do. Here are some of the top tips for good oral hygeine:
- Brush for atleast 2 minutes twice a day but not aggressively. My dentist recommends using electric toothbrush for the same reason
- Use Fluoride in your toothpaste. Whether you’re using whitening toothpaste or fresher breath ones, make sure there is fluoride in it
- Flossing once a day is important because it removes plaque and bacteria from between the teeth, where a toothbrush is unable to reach
- Keep your tongue clean. Brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth to make sure there is no bad odor from your mouth
- See a Dentist for regular dental checkup. Experts recommend that people see a dentist every 6 month
- Consider a mouthwash to reduces the amount of acid in the mouth, cleans hard-to-brush areas in and around the gums, and re-mineralizes the teeth
- Limit sugary drinks and caffeine
- Do not smoke
- Maintain a healthy diet
If you have a history of dental issues, your dental checkups should be more frequent than recommended. Remember, good oral hygiene depends on good practices and following a proper regimen.
Until next time, Ashh xo
*Sponsored article. Opinions are my own and unbiased.