There is a reason why everyone gets so excited about Korean Beauty and that is because Koreans only used natural and harsh-free ingredients to create clear, radiant, and glass-like skin for generations. This is why K-Beauty is so popular these days. In this article, we are talking all about some of those magic cosmetic ingredients that Koreans love!
- Ginseng – Ginseng is a root plant that has been used in Chinese medicine for centuries. It increases blood circulation in the skin and removes wrinkles. It may also help with skin brightening, elasticity, and inflammation.
- Fermented Rice Water – Fermented Rice Water not only brightens up the skin but also controls sebum production. It helps in mattifying greasy skin and thereby keeping acne in check.
- Propolis – Propolis is a natural resinous compound made by bees from plants and trees. It has antioxidants, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Ancient Egyptians believed in the regenerating power of propolis. It boosts collagen production and treats acne.
- Snail Mucin – Skincare products with snail extract or snail gel might sound a little disgusting. Snail Mucin is packed with essential nutrients like glycoprotein, hyaluronic acid, proteoglycans, copper, and microbial peptides. They’re rich in Vitamin A, C, E, and collagen which together fight with signs of aging. Snail extract is used in serums, essences, masks, and moisturizers and provides intense hydration due to its high water content. It has brightening and soothing properties that help in achieving radiant skin.
- Centella Asiatica – Known for its medicinal properties, Centella Asiatica (also called Brahmi in India) is a herb trusted and used by Koreans to soothe and heal the skin. It is rich in amino acids and antioxidants. It soothes and calms the skin, helps in treating blemishes, and is also really good for dry and sensitive skin. It can be used by all ages, and skin types, and is even suitable for skin prone to rosacea.
- Birch Juice Extract – Birch Juice Extract (Also known as Birch tree sap or birch tree water) is also gaining popularity these days but is still less common in western skincare. It is extracted from a Black and white birch tree the same way syrup is extracted from a Maple tree. It is bottled and consumed straight directly just like coconut water. Birch juice is loaded with skin-loving nutrients and is incredibly hydrating. It helps to calm and soothe sensitive, irritated, and freshly exfoliated skin.
- Licorice Root – This is essentially a natural skin brightener that Inhibits the production of an enzyme needed to produce melanin in the skin and has anti-inflammatory benefits. Licorice root is particularly beneficial for anyone with uneven skin tone, dark spots, or even melasma. It is also safe for pregnant women.
Until next time, Ashh xo